How to Setup Coupons
Coupon codes can be created by the event director to offer participants a discount. Discounts can be either a percentage of the entry fee or a fixed dollar amount discount that can be applied at the Cart before checkout. Coupons can be created for specific events, or used for multiple events (See “Multi-Event Coupons” below), and can have a limited number of uses available.
For example, you could offer a discount to your club member for your event (share coupon code with your club members), or you could offer a discount to the first 50 people to register (set number of available coupons to 50, and share coupon code with all potential participants), or offer a discount for early registration (set the expiration of the coupon).
To use the coupon feature:
1. Login to your Event Director area.
2. On the left hand side, under the "Marketing Tools" menu click on "Coupons".
3. Click the “Add New Coupon” button.
4. Fill out the coupon information.
- Choose per cart if you want to offer just one discount per cart, i.e $20 off the entire cart, regardless of number events entered.
- Choose per item, if you want to have the discount apply to each eligible item in the cart.
- Choose percent if you want to offer a percentage discount on all eligible items the cart.
- Choose discount if you want to offer a flat fee discount $10 off per cart/item.
- Choose net fee if you want the end price for each eligible item or the cart total to be a set amount.
- Coupon Code – you can create a code that is easy to remember and share, or not.
- Expiration date – leave blank, or enter the last date you want this coupon to be valid. It will expire at 11:59 PM on that date.
- Number available – leave this blank, or allow a set number of uses. Once the code has been used that many times it will no longer be valid, even if the expiration date has not yet been reached.
- Coupon applies – choose how you want the coupon to apply, per cart or per item.
- Discount type – choose the type of discount, percent, discount or net fee.
- Amount – set the amount of the discount or net fee.
- Coupon valid for – choose the categories for which the coupon is valid. Click the box by the event name to make coupon valid for all categories.
- Email – to be notified when the coupon code is used, click this option.
5. See the green box at the bottom of the Details section to visually see how your coupons will work, and to ensure the discount type and amount apply as you intend them to.
6. Click "Save."
7. If you wish to add more coupons (in differing amounts or for different categories) click "Add New Coupon."
9. Share your coupon code with prospective participants. Use athleteReg Email Tools to contact previous event participants.
Note that coupon codes can be applied to multiple events by using Multi-Event Coupons under Event Director Tasks. All existing coupons will show in Multi-Event Coupon Codes.